The Hail was a bit much..

Got up, had to reload the trailer to get it off the curb, it's so hard to find places that are handi-accessible.
But then I was off, longest time since leaving McMinnville that I've spent most of the day in the saddle, so from a start of maybe 8am, I made it to Gold Beach by 2pm.
Even though right out of Port Orford, it started to rain, then HAIL, which taunting me in the distance was bright blue sky, the sun glinting down.  So far not so bad, then 101 turns inland, cliffs and tall trees, keeping the hail from melting, which meant it was a bit like riding through snow...and a few miles after that, got some nice straight-aways to eat up the miles.
Saw the signs for the "Oregon Coast Bike Route", and I went past it, why travel an extra mile or two, up an over more hills when the main hwy is a straight shot?
So ignore that sign people, stay on 101.
Interesting sights, a Raven standing on a deer carcass eyeballing me, wasn't just a crow, it was big.
Saw the cheapest room was at the Azalea Lodge on the interwebs before I went to sleep last night, pretty good room, and I'm the only one here, wifi all mines...seems strange the places down the road have quite a few people, I guess you can smoke there.
Ah ha, this place picks up after 6pm.
Azalea is a nice non-smoking place, clean, and a very low curb.  And I splurged, Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, one last piece....
Doing distances of 28+ miles in a day will give you an appetite.
The road is long, and there are moments, but there's no place else to go, back isn't an option....
Reminds me of this Conan Magazine(yes there was a magazine format of Conan, better stories and Frazzetta Covers), Conan was doing the Pirate thing, he had about 15 guys and they were going to rob this heavily armed and twice the manpower Death Barge, religious cult, bad guys, so stealing from them was okay.  Well half the crew was ready to mutiny on Conan, so Conan grabs an axe and goes below deck, starts hacking away at the ribs and keel, then goes back up to the main deck, and tells the 15 guys "You can sink or fight", short story, they took over the barge, made money, and the guy stoking mutiny got shived by a cult guard.
So moral to that story, you can sink or fight, or in my case, sink or keep on riding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....