Myer's Flat next stop Garberville...

What to say about a layover day, didn't find another $20 bill, but there's always tomorrow(I did find a quarter and a few pennies), That place that starts with a G was 40 miles, so stopped at 20 to stay at a campsite, $35, not too bad, though it's next to a river, so that wind is a gonna be cold tonight, letting the tent air dry a bit as the bottom is a bit wet due to the trailer being rained on so much, I'll dry it off with the dirty clothes before I go to bed.
Had a father/daughter stop near me on the road here, evidently the son/brother had stolen the car and left it in Rio Dell(where I was last night), strange thing, I didn't see anyone, so must not be as much in the way of drugs out here, sure are a lot of 'whip-it' cartridges littered on the roadside.   People must not like their brain cells.  Better than Eureka, like a little seattle that place is.
Had yet another flat, with all the holes in the front tire, I guess it's about time to let it go....it's been a few 100 miles(maybe 700).  Good thing I picked up that tire in Bandon.
Tomorrow I'll be below 200 miles left until san fran, then I can rent a truck to leap frog Los angeles, which, been there, choked on that lack of air.  Though I do wonder if some of that pollution is working it's way up here?  as there has been a bit of odor or just plain lack of clean air....
I've been looking at the Zillow(so nice I can look through the listings based on price), and there's a nice little single wide in AZ, too bad they put carpet in, gonna have to tell them I'll need to rip that out and tile/wood those areas, so offer will be less than the $20K they are asking for, just have to be sure that I'm buying the land as well as the trailer, no HOAs, and rent for this guy.  And it is the off season for home buying and it has been on the market for a bit.  And it's not to far from a Walmart, where I think if I had to I could get a greeter job, and cheap stuff(I can amazon the fancy stuff or grow it myself).
I want to get back to making stuff again as the road has limited time to do much else but ride, find a place to sleep, then keep moving.
I have this idea for a ratrod bike, with a faux tank in front, that has a grill like on a Studebaker, and a 'werly-gig' mechanism inside to simulate lifters on top, it would be a long bike(like some call a 'burrito') but the steering would be back by the rider, some nice ape hanger bars, and that would connect through the tank through a tie-rod to the front fork to steer(try to hide it as much as possible).  Ratrod bikes aren't about going fast, just looking cool while you get there.  If these rims I bought make it to the new place I think I'll use them.
So far day two of the cheap 26" rims from Amazon they work, and my thought that the lack of spokes would be more flexible and insulate my tush from all of the trailer shimmy is about right, though getting used to the gearing now with the smaller wheel is still taking some time to get used to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....