garberville ca, seems like a layover place for 20somethings

Well I'm one stop away from my final chance to go through that tree you can drive(bike) through, with all the signs I kind of thought I went past it already.  Not sure it's really worth a $1....
$35 at the campsite was okay, but the extreme humidity next to the cold Eel river made everything wet, but I got the sleeping bag into the tent fast enough.  The humidity just sticks to the outside of the tent which limits breath ability a bit, but keeps out the cold air. I was even so warm I had to take off the sweater I was wearing.  The odd thing the Russian ladies who showed up when it got dark looking for spot F (I was in H), they set up next to my campsite, and the downside was one of the two ladies snored...The next morning we talked a bit and they were going where I just left, seattle.
The looked good online rear wheel snapped a spoke this morning, so good thing I bought another one in Eureka, sadly the sprocket cassette snapped the pins, so it was a bit of a challenge to get most of the gears to fit on there, I think it's a 7 speed and not an 8 speed hub.  Lets hope this sucker holds.  At least until I snag a new cassette.  Some of the repairs I have encountered, never had this happen with all the stuff I used to drag home with my cargo bike hauling back in the day...

Other than that I'm feeling good, keep facing challenges, beating them, and keep on rolling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....