California here I am

Weather cooperated, the hills weren't as bad as the google said they would be, even found some coinsies...which will come in handy for the new rear wheel I will need to buy, as the current wheel is starting to seize...it was probably past it's prime a while ago, but I greased it and hoped it would last a while, then again I'm towing a trailer and my butt is on it so no wonder it's complaining...
I think I'll go down to a 26" if possible, that way I can get more rim and tire to support all of the weight of the trailer, there's less than an inch of difference between a 26 and 700, since a 700 is smaller than a 27", and with a fat 2" tire the difference in ride height should be negligible, might even be more comfy to bring the front up a lil.
So made it to Crescent City, California they say, Movie Stars....
Wow, one more state down, now I just have to fix things, and keep on moving.


I do not recall Washington thanking me, then again, not really their style to thank anyone.

Crescent City really reminds me of northern Greenwood, maybe 20 years ago, kind of a nice place.

And they got big trees here, this one seemed huge and all alone, and the victim of several trucks...

Day two here in Crescent City, the nice people at St. Paul's let me stay another night, so made the best of it, I went down to Autozone and bought some bearing grease, which I hope will solve the binding problem I was having with the rear bearings, they seemed a little rusty, so cleaned it, greased it and put it all back together, I hope that holds until I can get an 8 speed replacement.  It wasn't bent, cracked or chipped, okay might have been a little worn on one side, but it should roll smooth or at least I can shove it to the next town to get a 26" wheel to replace it.  I even got to meet Matt, the guy with the hoodie who seemed to be trying to break into the church last night.  He's one of those between folks, needs help, but is too this to be that to get the help he needs.
Crescent City is really a whole lot like Greenwood north end of seattle, roads, stores, lack of curbs in places, trucks loaded with fishing gear.
Though it is pretty cold here, it was a bit overcast with clouds keeping the sun from shining, hoping I can chase that sun, and stay warm further south.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....