Oh today was one of those days....

Hwy 101 is a really bad idea, as a road that is, built on land that's just headed into the sea....lolz
There were several hills and with the heavy rain I was sucking wind a little altitude and too much 'mist' in the air, but I made it.  Three 'one lane' roads where there was a stop light for each direction to take a turn.
This was definitely a shock, going from the absolute comfort of St. Paul's, into more rain then I wanted.
Drying out 1/2 mile from the Tree of Mystery, if the weather cooperates I might go back and see it.
I ordered a new wheelset to replace the ones I've got, deep V 26" rims, and I sent them 'general delivery' for the post office in Eureka Ca, so I'm hopeful that they will be there on wednesday, about when I should show up in Eureka, or I might get there by thursday, general delivery says they will hold it for 30 days, but I don't want them to get lost. First time doing this, fingers crossed.
I'm staying in a 'cabin' small little place, the woodland villa, it's warm, heat cranked up to dry me out.
Hope my trailer is okay out there, I put the lock on it to keep it in place, took the food inside so it should be okay.
Hotel across from the Tree of Mystery was a flat "no" about taking my trailer into one of her rooms, okay, her place, not mine, I don't take any offense since it's not my place. 
I do try to keep the places clean when I use them, and the cabin had a roll of paper towels, which I used most of them to clean up the dirt from my shoes coming into and out of this cabin.
I still had to leave the trailer outside, but it's not on full display for everyone to see.
Coffee wasn't too bad either.
So two days to Eureka, and a new wheelset, true I then have to buy new tubes and tires.
I left some soup, soap, an the book Einstein's Dreams at St. Paul's, it was an interesting book, told in Haiku format.  I even fed the cats in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....