Leaving Washington, hello Oregon.

What can I say, the Damp I woke up to on thursday was a leg drainer, but i got some good sleep, except when the trains went rumbling by, though it was sort of a back massage when they did, onto portland, where I hope I don't have to 'wait for parts', but the 'fix' I did with a smaller bolt and a few pieces of pop can seems to be holding, just avoid the big bumps, though I have gotten up to some speed here and there when there was FINALLY some downhill, googlemaps sent me some places, wasted so much time trying to find little roads to take me off to some side road, when I should just stay on the main road with a BIKE LANE, grr.
So hello Oregon, one state down, and five more to go, Texas heat, cannot wait, and a puppy, puppies are full of lourves....I think it might be dry enough for me to take a pic of the welcome to Oregon sign, but I'll have to post that later here....

So a state with no sales tax, good, I need to buy a couple things, new rear rack as the one I have is turning out to be a bit sketchy, a seat, with more cushion, this same seat worked for my other bike, just not working for touring and a small Ulock for the other end of my street cuff cable, since it doesn't bend at all, even though the trailer is about cemented in place I want to cuff the frame of the trailer to the rear wheel so I can lock it 'to' something.
This pic was taken under an overpass...

Part two after biking 33 miles, up and over the 433 bridge in a driving monsoon rain.  Made it to St Helens Or.
Also, after I left the Mcdonalds in Longview, a woman asked me if I was homeless, I didn't feel the need to split hairs and point out I'm more 'Transient', but anyway, she wanted advice on where to get stuff to be homeless, I didn't know, but I had that Sailboard Sail that didn't work for me, so I offered it to her, I assume if you were a bit more stationary homeless it might work, if not she might be able to trade it...
So very small Paying it Forward, since yes I was going to donate the sail anyway at goodwill, it's good to be able to help someone who was obviously in need of anything and she seemed genuinely honest about needing help.  Hope it works for her.

Oh the fun of going over the 433 bridge to Oregon, it was a monsoon!
It got a whole lot worse at the top of the bridge.

Anyway, in spite of the weather made it tonight to St Helens Or, and tomorrow I think I can make it to Portland, woohoo!  and I got Doggie cuddles, true it was very dangerous since the dogs pulled out of their collars near US -30, the pit bull wasn't sure of me at first since the little girl who was walking both dogs was panicking, so I let the pit smell me, then since it was cold it snuggled against me, so full of luvz, okay it needed a bath, but it was sweet, meanwhile the girl was trying to coral the ankle biter...hope she got the second one under control.
So two good things today amongst all the weather woes...
A little fun fact, on US 30 there was a weigh station, and I parked the bike onto the plate, and the reader said 350lbs for the bike+trailer, I think it might have rounded up a little, but no matter, I'm traveling heavy.
Health wise I think I'm doing pretty good, true the cold moisture + exercise might be to blame for my Achilles tendons being very sore an a bit crampy...Not bad for an old man seeking a new future...
  
Lets hope for better weather tomorrow, time to dry my clothes...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....