google directions weren't too bad....three tenths of a mile longer wasn't so bad either.

Today started, oh you don't want to hear of another flat tire...
So anyway, used the google maps to get a bike route to ride, it said it was three tenths of a mile more than sticking to hwy 101, and overall it wasn't bad, I'll have to use the same thing tomorrow.
Even though it was three tenths longer, it was THIRTY MILES, so after fixing the flat tire I might have gotten out of Cloverdale around 10am, and arrived at Santa Rosa around 4pm.
My legs, ouch, it was a real Triplets of Belleville(great movie, watch it) leg building day, but I made it, next have to go to mcdonalds or starbucks to get my next set of directions.
On the way here I picked up coin wrappers, the front cup holder that I use to put coinsies in, getting really full.  I think if I pick out the pennies alone I should have more room.
In Winsor(right north of Santa Rosa) I saw a bike shop, and was able to get some thick 16" tire tubes for the trailer, okay back to that flat front tire that surprised me this morning, could not find where any of the cuts on the outside of the tire had come through, so I gutted that tube to use as a liner, and used my last 700c tube.  I think if it dies again I'll either patch it if I'm in a hurry, or I will just swtich out the 700c with the front 26" that I got that was part of that set, the rear of which wasn't so good, but the front might be okay.
Between Winsor an Santa Rosa I could see the wildfire damage, strange to see everyone just driving by a disaster zone.  Burnt cars/trucks, or only the chimney standing where someone's house used to be.
Diner was Pumpkin Soup, followed by a burrito from a local mom & pop place around the corner from the hotel.
The Cloverdale Oaks Inn was interesting, it was clean, so much better than the Economy Inn in Uriah which was sadly in the slow renovation process, and not very clean yet.  But the Oaks Inn though clean, still had cockroaches, and even what I believe was either a carpenter ant or a termite, had a dark brown body, with a reddish rear segment, and it looked like an ant, it died when I found it crawling on the bed.  Right before I left, had to kill a roach, left it in the sink for them.
Time to count mah coinsies...almost a $1 in pennies, and $4.50 in quarters, which I am now using to do laundry, couple of dollars in dimes/nickels, those will end up buying mcdonalds coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....