32ish miles in a day

I was a little worried that I couldn't get this far at this altitude.  Yesterday was bad, just was not feeling it.

The first five or so miles were bumpy, which led to a little bit of metal working it's way into the drive side tire, but the sun was out and it was a quick fix.
So now I have two old tubes as liners and thorn resistant tubes on both trailer tires, hoping this lasts another state or two...
Had a little brake cable problem a few miles from the hotel, so walked the bike down the hills, and was able to ride on the flat.
Got to the hotel that was supposed to be right across the street from REI, it was about a mile further down the road.
Got myself a Bivy, some new brake cables, extra pads, and tonight I'm gonna eat ice cream and replace the brake cables.
Along the road I've found several dead animals, usually I just leave them in peace, but I found a bit of antler yesterday, and this morning I think I found an elk or meese skull, fully desiccated, might need some rice to further the cleaning process, but mine now.
 See my little piece of antler, skull is from a cow, just not sure which kind.
 big mouth has the teeth
big old head
Look at all those teeth, true it's missing one tooth, but it has most of them, didn't see a jaw bone, but I think when I get to where I'm going I'm going to put a pair of ram horn handlebars behind the skull and use it as a coat rack or just decoration.

Okay my friend who's helping me with advise on my trip showed me evidence that it's a sheep skull, neanderthal frakin' sheep if it is, from the pile of thick bones the sucker was huge...

So I replaced the brake cables, hope they work better, but the old ones have lasted for more than 1350 miles.  Also I took the opportunity to switch the levers, so when I lift the front of the bike to kick the kickstand back, I can squeeze the left lever and the rear brake will be engaged so as to prevent the bike and trailer from rolling backwards which made it more difficult to get the kickstand out of the way.

Problem fixed.

Now I know eating ice cream is bad but I am at least eating organic ice cream, Alden's cookies an cream...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....