Finally made it to Coleman...

Today was Don Quiote day, what with me tilting at the wind surrounded by windtubrines, but it was a productive day, got 8 miles from one city, that's several miles before where I wanted to be.
So, it's gonna be the two parter like I thought
It took three hours just to get twelve miles to the turn off from TX70 to TX153, I stopped at a nice little store with a really nice lady who sold me some Venison Jerky, it felt so good to get out of the wind for even a few moments.
Found a sign, it's one of those that goes on the side of a truck and has different selections for whatever hazardous material the truck is transporting, had my eye on finding one since Arizona, and today the day after scoring that metal Oversized Load sign, two days in a row I found the good wall art stuff, for the new abode.





That is if when I get there the people there will sell me the house..
A bit chilly, but once I get into that second sleeping bag I'll be all cozy an warm.
Time to set up the tent before I loose any more keys on this keyboard.
Tent set up, and while I'm waiting for it to get dark enough to sleep a nice man came by to give me some beef jerky, more than I had bought at the little store, so I am jerky rich.  He commented that he saw my Flag, I was so tired I didn't feel like playing the veteran card, not that I like playing that card much.
I told him it was a big sign that says Don't hit Me.
Two days at most and I should be in Coleman....I hope.
Before I go into today, should mention just how warm it was last night, wow, I had to get up and cool off in the wind.
Speaking of wind, it wasn't as bad today, and after going the 21 miles to WInters Tx only to be disappointed that it wasn't open anymore.
I got two sammiches at Subway, and pedalled on, six miles to a resivior, then further, now I'm only about 20ish miles from Coleman, so even if the wind is against me tomorrow, I should be able to make it.
Found a place that looks like it's bewtween some farms with a grove of what they call trees round here...shrubs.
Battery is low on the phone so I'll have to use the computer's clock to tell time.
Didn't find anything spectacular like the last two days, but I found a quarter.
As I was waiting for things to air out before setting up bed, a some Nice Indian guys from NM stopped and gave me some Sam's Club water, I am getting a little low, and with the way today went, maybe I shouldn't take any chances, whole town could be gone when I show up...
So weird running into the exhaustion wall(like on mile 23 or 24 of a marathon) around 2-3pm, that sleep spot just to the side and under your eye that's just tired.
Good news is that it shouldn't rain tonight and might be warm like last night.
So last day to get to Coleman, woke up at 5am, and got up at 7am, the two coldest hours of the morning, packed up, and got going.
Saw one house, it was a non starter, going to head out tomorrow to see what else is in this town.  Saw the dream home, made another call to the owner, still no reply, house wasn't as deep as it appeared in the pics, no mater.  Local real estate lady said she would try to call the new owner, and since she's the one who sold it, maybe she can get a response.
Didn't find much on the road, some metal clasp things for electrical stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....