Contemplating the future

One of the things I do these days is contemplate what I'll miss, well, I don't think I'll miss being in the middle of things that I see coming down the road for seattle, it will be more fun to watch it from a distance.

I see the future of self driving cars, especially seattle will vote for them, but what happens when you have 1000+ emotionless cars obeying Every traffic law perfectly, amongst 1000s more doing what they do now, trying to get to the red light faster than everyone else?
Also, what happens when human drivers bully the autonomous vehicles?
And what happens to the 1000s of cabbies who lets face it, not the most employable people anyway, otherwise they wouldn't be driving cabs, what does seattle do with all of the unemployed who are basically unemployable in a city like seattle.  Having my job displaced by tech, nothing was done to further me into something else, a better opportunity etc.

Or smart homes, one day there will be an upgrade, just some code written by someone who's never actually built anything, the sensor won't be compatible with the upgraded code, because everyone has the latest sensors install in their house, the sensor won't detect any human life and turn off the air to the home, everyone dies.
With the sweeps of homeless camps, I can't help think of the 70's film The Warriors, Cyrus points out the gangs outnumber the cops, how long before the homeless get into an armed conflict with the PoPo?  having been pushed from one grassy knoll to another...or more likely I think the homeless will be bought by some politicos to inflict upon their rivals.
I do think it would be kind of cool to drive through or ride through the new via-tunnel, but not that cool that I'll miss it.

Just watched UP again last night, and it's stuck with me, go when you can, not when you can't, and don't obsess over a frakin' bird just to prove anything to anyone else.
Not going to miss you seattle, you never did much for me, and I survived all that you did against me.
So get out there and find adventure, it isn't going to come find you, you have to go get it...hang up or you'll miss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....