packing and rebuilding a wheel for the trailer

Had a Bob trailer, their redesign didn't work for me, so bought an M-wave, kept the bob hitch, as it's the same size, sold the leftover other stuff for $50.  Now I needed to put a 10cm wide wheel on the trailer, and all I had were wheels off of kiddie strollers, not going to make it a few feet.
So went with the rear 16" wheel off a girls Diamondback I snagged a while back, turned that frame into half of some stilts.
Anyway, the rear wheel was still to wide, so had to remove the worm gear, the brake shoes inside, also removed the drive side to replace it will the bearings part off another coastie wheel, and yes it barely fit.
Now I have a wheel on the trailer that's held on with bolts, and will probably hold up a lot longer than a stroller wheel(true I'm taking an extra with me).


Now I have to true up the wheel, in place and do my best to center it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....