As I await parts, I made cat scratchers

Well as I await the open road, parts to finish the drivetrain, and wait for people to show up to buy stuff, a friend wondered if I could do some woodworking before I left, I haz skillz.
Had to borrow the cat scratcher to size it right, but I had these two drawers that would have ended up in the trash anyway, I snagged them a while ago since they had glass knobs on them(sold the knobs at a yardsale a while back).
Cut the drawers down to the right thickness for the cardboard insert, cut the end off to make it shorter, then the top piece to keep the cardboard from coming out as the cat gets it's scratch on...
I think they would look good wasabi green(I have leftover paint to get rid of).
But I'll deliver them after some sanding of the sharp edges.
Client smartly asked me to make two, paid for one upfront, and if they likey I'll get another $10 for the second one.  Not too bad for free drawers I snagged just because of what was attached and would have left them for the dumpster if not for this project.
True I didn't have my usual tools, like a miter saw, and did it all on a table saw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....