44 days and new bike parts coming together

Whoo hoo, got rid of the big wardrobe I had, I paid $300 for it at the 2nd hand place down the street, they went out of business a while ago, but to get someone to show up and pay(true only $80) for it, when it's a piece that just doesn't fit with how people live.  It's too big for the people who live in an apartment, and for those who have enough room for it, well they have a room called a closet.
Oh an she bought a mirror I snagged for free, so I'm leaving town with $85.
Got a present in the mail, a 11-41T chainring cassette for the rear, with a large 41T cog I will be able to make any hill my bizatch(the usual largest chainring on a cassette is 34T.
New cranks came too with 24T/34T/42T that's right, the front big cog will be 1T bigger than what's on the back, new grips skewer combos, and to go along with the new drivetrain, some new old shifters.
I wanted simple shifters, if the gear I am in works, I don't need to know which number it is, as for the front derailer, there are three rings, not a whole lot of brain power needed to figure out which one.
You can make your own chain tool, with a piece of thick metal, and a bit of chain, you will need to buy the key tool, but the tool with a chain on it to keep the freewheel from rotating counter clockwise when you turn the key tool, lefty losey.
 See I have a Gekota (ゲコ太) it's a clothespin, and I will have more, but Gekota will be going with me.  Also in this pic you can see the leather Cruzy Kuzy leather cup holder, I'll switch that back to the front after I que up the gearing.
Look at the purdy cranks, new chainrings, better than the worn out ones it came with, so I'm just finishing up the upgrade.

So in closing, I'm stoked, the stress of re-doing the drive train a month an a half before leaving on a big bike trip, glad to know it's coming together.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....