For years Arches have been used to hold up the world...

But they did it wrong...


And that's not a solid brick on the bottom, it's a fluted block for a chimney.
But surprisingly, it was fairly solid, so far from any plumbing which begs the question, why would anyone cut that much out of a beam and 'fix' it like this.

Took up the floor in the front room, went well as can be expected, strangely the front room seemed to be pretty level and solid, somehow....
Tomorrow is taking up the kitchen floor, yippie, and then take the flooring outside so I can evaluate what I need to do to get the floor on some level beams.
Sadly I found a tin toy, oh that could have been some money, but it was rusty beyond anything resembling a toy, the beer bottles sure weren't worth anything.

I think I can re-use some of this floor when I do the front porch, just need to put in some solid subfloor and it should be usable.
THe rest should go onto the walls in the bathroom as wainscoting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....