Ceiling done as far as needed

Now I can get into that floor, then re-do the plumbing, then I can get the bathroom done, and shower in my own house.
 Weird notches are in some of the ceiling joists, which make me think this house is older than it looks, it just used to be parts of another house.  So this house is made from some old barnwood in places.
 See, lookie all that room, still need to do that last one over on the end, but it can wait, because I got that post out of the way, I can now get back to the floor, level it then do the plumbing, which shouldn't be too hard, since it's a pottie, two sinks and a bathtub, only two of which will need hot water.
THis is the header I installed in the load bearing wall, it connects with the 4x8 beam I installed under the floor, so it's solid.  From jack stud to jack stud it's 7&1/2 feet, so the opening into the bedroom will be a little less than that.

Tomorrow I think is a clean up day, then get onto that floor...what mysteries await...still looking for the buried treasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....