Life off the road

Slowly coming to grips with the reality that I'm not on the road anymore, still haven't unpacked the trailer.
Weird things get into your head when traveling, like unpacking avoidance, if you don't unpack it, then you don't have to pack it back up, and if it doesn't get unpacked, you won't forget to pack it.
I've come to grips with living with 3'x6' to my name, sleeping in a tent, waking up at 5am because that's when the temps dip for two hours, to be at the lowest temp of the day at 7am, then having to pack things up, and get on that road.
New town has many things going for it, as does the new house, a place on the edge of town, so not to many neighbors to deal with, no planes flying overhead all day long.
The home inspection is on monday, true I can fix a whole lot of things, but it's good to have another set of eyes tell you what's wrong with the place, so I know what besides the bathroom to start on.
I'm going with wall to wall tile, overhead shower, and a splurge of electric heating in the floor.  With property taxes being what I would pay in a month in seattle, I should have enough to fix up this house to livable.
The purdy claw foot tub, it's going to be moved out onto the deck for summer use, as cast iron tubs do not get warm.
Not too many bikes in town, so I might stand out a little.  One bike shop, must have the magic spot to stay in business.  Once I get my collection down here, I'll have to stop by his shop.
I saw one panhandler, and when I go into a store, there aren't four or five hands out before I get to the door. 
So off tomorrow to take some pics of the new town, and stay busy, another hard thing to deal with, not moving, pedal pedal pedal...looking for that next hill, that next mile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....