Sometimes you just have to stop and take a pic, or two, the road from Laytonville was pretty uneventful, except for the trailer tire going flat over and over again, I guess the patch kit is only for a few miles these days, as I had a bike I snagged at goodwill and the front tire was almost half patches, and I road that sucker for a year or so before it finally went flat, totally didn't know it had been patched that much. So yeah the roads in Cali kept me stopping, this bike trip would be so much more fun, if I could only keep biking, instead of stopping to fix tires or other problems... I almost put in an offer on a house in Tx this morning, only to find out it sold, but I am really thinking that I should stop in San Fran, rent the truck and get myself to Tx sooner rather than later, but who knows, maybe once I get past Cali things will end up a little more like I wanted, there's just to many people, or there's nothing that you can make a stop at and do that stealth ...
One of the things I hate about doing electrical work is that my fingers start to cramp up when I'm in some odd spot on a ladder or some such and I just need to twist the wire...grrr. But got it done, lights, done, recirculating fan, done. True I still need to install the filter for the suck side, but I have what I need to do that. You can see all three lights on the great room side in this pic. The picture just doesn't show how bright the bathroom is with those two lights. Lights out, and I also finished that outlet that will be back there by the sink, even used it today to trim the scalp. Here's the light with a shorter bulb on the bottom, thankfully I found a better replacement at HD. Yup, that's air forcing those open, and it's not too noisy either.
Got out from the cabin real quick, nice little place, two more days out from Eureka, probably make Trinidad tomorrow, would try to go further but there isn't much available to stay, and they have all these 'no camping' signs in the forest. The trip out of Klamath was okay, bit of a hill, then making the turn to the Scenic Route, saw some large redwood trees, they were big, but I guess the carpenter in me just looks at them as "how many board feet could I get out of one of those trees, no need for a glue-lam beam", big trees....Wow.... So made it to Orick Ca, small I guess logging community, only hotel in town was the Palm, the other hotel was full, I guess, as it also looked like it had some structural issues. Couldn't get the trailer into the room, but I am hopeful that it will be left alone, people here seem okay.
Comments
Post a Comment