New doors on the way.

With the insulation in tape and seal the seams mode, it's time to get started on the doors.
I was able to put the new front door on order at the store, should be here on thursday.
I used the $10off coupon to get the new back door, a 36x80 solid door, no window for the back.  I figured that the sun shining through would just heat the house and might shine on the tv.
I almost miss my 40" front door on my last house, but alas, I'll have to settle on 36".
A large door opening is useful when trying to move furniture in an out, like the free chair I snagged a mission style chair like this one 
The part that sticks out for the foot rest needs some work, but as a chair it's perfect.
 This is after I took out the door, plus the jamb, so I could then get the chair through the doorway.
 Found another newel post on the other side, so the work I was hoping to avoid in rebuilding the wall/doorway, should have known better.

And here's the actual chair I got, a few dings here an there, but I'll fix those, and at the end of the day, I have a chair, might not ever be a recliner again, but it's still comfy.
Doesn't look like it's been sat in more than a few times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....