Today was a messy demo day...

Don't you hate it when you need to pry something and when you do dirt falls down from above, yeah, icky.

Window removal day was today, took out the window, and didn't look like there was much wood that needed replacing, and the studs looked close to level, we will see once I get the new framing in there and dry fit the window.
This is how I'm going to cover up the cement board I used to cover the hole of the window I took out, the screen is a little taller, better than too short, so I'll cut it down and re-assemble to bottom of the screen.

 This is what it looks like without the screen.  I tried breaking up the focal point with a 2" line across the middle, it doesn't show up very well in the pic.


Above is the back side of the window I removed, just need to insulate, then cover it up like it was never there.
 Top of the window that's actually being replaced, that 2x4 isn't as bad as it looks, so it stays.
 As with the other window, they just didn't believe in Jack Studs, and that will be monday's lesson:
Jack Studs and how they keep your window frame from being smooshed, and thereby keeping the window so it will open an close.
And that sill plate was a total loss, buh-bye, replace with pressure treated.
My finger was on the light sensor, but no flash after I got the window out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Bangs...Pop 1500er so....

More art art art.....